There are varieties of seafood, ranging from saltwater and freshwater fish to deep water shellfish. There are a lot of nutrients in seafood. It serves as a rich source of protein, vitamins and minerals. There are plenty of omega-3 fatty acids and seafood helps in reducing common diseases. You can find a variety of seafood delicacies in Chowman and other top Chinese restaurants in Kolkata. When you will know the health benefits of seafood, you can enjoy your favourite dish of seafood even more.
- Provides essential nutrients: There are numerous vitamins and minerals in seafood, though it depends on the type of seafood you consume. There are different functions of B-complex vitamins such as influencing the production of energy, metabolism, concentration and beauty as well. There is a sufficient amount of vitamin A in salmon. It helps in protecting vision, acts as an immune booster and increases the capabilities of the reproductive system. There is also the presence of vitamin D in some seafood. It plays an active role in healthy bone growth, calcium absorption and boosts immune system efficiency as well as cell growth.
- Promotes heart health: There are less saturated fats and a high amount of protein in seafood. Being an abundant source of omega-3 fatty acids is the greatest health benefit of seafood. Heart health gets a lot of benefits from these fatty acids. Arrhythmias, strokes, heart attacks and other cardiovascular risks are reduced by it.
- Good for your joints: The symptoms of arthritis get reduced if you eat seafood on a regular basis. It has been found in research that omega – 3 fatty acids can ease tender joints and morning stiffness is also reduced in people with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Maintains eyesight: It has been found that people are less likely to suffer from age-related macular degeneration that results in the loss of vision if they consume seafood because of the omega-3 fatty acids present in seafood. Your eyes will remain bright and healthy if you regularly eat oil-rich fish and your night vision will also increase on eating fish and shellfish.
- Good skin: Your skin will remain moisturized on eating seafood. It will be more effective for your skin if you eat seafood than applying anything on the skin and there will be a natural glow in the skin. Your skin gets protected from the UV rays of the sun by the omega-3 fatty acids in seafood. Acne can also get reduced on consuming fish oil. So all those, who want a naturally glowing skin and also make your stomach happy, gorge on your favourite seafood dish at Chowman, the reputed Chinese restaurant in Kolkata.
- Boosts brainpower: There is less risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease on consuming seafood having omega-3 fatty acids. Brain growth in infants and children is proper if there is a sufficient intake of DHA and EPA found in omega-3 fatty acids. In ageing women, the cognitive function gets a boost on long-term consumption of omega-3 fatty acids.